Sending our love



Today I wanted to share a couple of cards showing how you can use your stamp sets in new and perhaps unexpected ways. This starts with taking a close look at what you have and what you see in those images.

Let me show you.
Here is a close up of the Vintage Roses set, my very first Atenew set, bought back in 2014. As you can see it is well loved and stained but no worries, this is absolutely not a problem, it stamps really well since it's well seasoned!

This particular image stamps a rose base layer.
However if you take a close look it also looks a lot like a cloud, no?




And how about these rose layers, couldn't they be bushes our mountains or just some kind of texture?



So this is what I used them for; clouds, bushes and giraffe markings.



I started by stamping "clouds" in Hero Arts white pigment ink onto blue paper.
Then the "bushes" were added in Olive Crisp Ink from Altenew to set the scene for the two giraffes that were die cut from white card stock and their markings were added in Maple Yellow.
On a strip of brown paper I heat embossed "Sending our love" in white and added some red "rose-hearts" to the bushes and the card was done!



I love the faces on these giraffes, so fun!

Here are a two more cards using these same stamp sets in a different way.
The first keeps the idea of roses, even though only one of the layers is stamped, very close together to simulate a bouquet. I then gold embossed the leaves to add another layer of interest.


The second card has the animals in front of rose hills, I particularly love the color combo on this one.



That is all for me today - this post is part of the AECP and refers to the Altenew Academy class With a twist taught by Therese Calvird - such a great class, I highly recommend it!





Comments

  1. Wow, Helen, you surely a on a roll! I love your creative take with the flower stamp and turned it into the clouds! Thanks so much for entering your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Virginia, this is such a fun class!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to leave one :)

This is a public blog, meaning any comments left will be visible by 3rd parties and 3rd parties may be able to access your information from your comment left here. I will not contact you except to answer your comments and I will not store your contact information anywhere else than in your comment.